Is Account Abstraction supported?

Hello :wave: I have a question:

Does Quilibrium support Account Abstraction (allow crypto accounts to function like programmable smart contracts)?

I understand Cassie is looking to transcend traditional web3 concepts so this question may not be directly applicable to the design and architecture choices of Quil per se.

What Iā€™m specifically interested in however is whether the Flexibility and Security capabilities one would desire through Account Abstraction on traditional blockchain be intrinsically supported by Quil infrastructure (either immediately available or seamlessly implementable in the future without major design changes or re-considerations needed)?

The most pertinent features I had in mind are:

• Improved Security: Supports multi factor auth and custom transaction approval
  • Gas Abstraction: allows paying transaction fees in different tokens or by third parties
  • Smart Recovery Options: enables social recovery mechanisms for account access
  • User Friendly Onboarding: Simplifies ux, reducing need for private key management (this seems to be handled by WebAuthn which I was told will be added)

A good example that showcases Account Abstraction is the Lukso blockchain with their ERC-725 .

Thanks!

2 Likes