Community Treasury & NFT collection

Ref: Discord

There has been an ongoing discussion on Discord about creating a community Treasury to pay for developers, marketing, and all those things that could help Quilibrium’s growth.

The obvious flow as far as I see is the following:

Create a DAO (which platform?) and a multisig wallet (Gnosis?).
Create an NFT collection (1 NFT = 1 vote in the DAO) - n% commission to treasury on NFT trades
The NFTs also grant access to special perks.

Personally, I’d like the NFT collection to be very unique.

Here’s an idea:

Title: Voices of Freedom

~ 100 characters who fought for freedom of speech throughout history (from ancient to modern times).

50 men and 50 women, with 10 variations for each, resulting in 1,000 cards (Maybe more variations to get to 10K NFTs.)

Characters List (OLD, see new one below): Voices of Liberty - JustPaste.it

The above list is just a super quick draft, would need to be reviewed carefully and expanded 2X
Cassie would be the most valuable Jolly ofc :slight_smile:

UPDATE: new updated characters list on GitHub (so we can all follow changes and propose edits directly)

4 Likes

That’s a pretty cool idea!

Two suggested additions:

1. Daniel Julius Bernstein – sued the U.S. government to affirm code as free speech to allow publishing cryptographic implementations
  2. Daryl Davis – An absolute legend in using the power of freedom of speech to change minds

Two notes on the existing entries:

1. Tim Berners-Lee and Radia Perlman both are huge critics of crypto – not sure if they’d appreciate the immortalization as an NFT
  2. Unless this has changed in recent history, Moxie is a guy
3 Likes

Thanks for the input! The list would need to be carefully reviewed.
I am sure we could find many more interesting names in ancient times, for instance.

Update: Just reading all about Daryl Davis… mind blown :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats a really good idea. Hopefully it becomes a reality so we can go one step closer to creating a Community Treasury

1 Like

It’s good that we opened this issue for discussion.

We were currently trying to mature this idea with Peter and discussing how we could prepare a project with such an idea. I am personally very pleased that this topic is being received positively by the community. So the way of mind is one.

I’m more focused in the utility design side of the NFT collection rather than the artisanal side for now and happy to see that there are some brilliant ideas.

The suggestions that come to my mind for utility of nft are:

NFT collection holders may receive various incentives for projects developed by the community

• whitelists for different projects’ token sales
  • airdrops
  • raffles
  • other rewards
  • multiplier effect for other yield projects
    etc…

The NFT collection should be migrated to the Quilibrium mainnet once Q V2.0 is released.

Me personaly with quilibrium.space would be very happy to one of first supporter of the NFT collection. And when things ready, I may reach out to projects to provide advantages to NFT holders for future project listings and offer various advantageous allocations during listings.

2 Likes

Love the idea of the NFTs for the treasury! If I can come up with anyone ill definitely send them your way. So many people to honor!

1 Like

I guess this is coming out of left field for me, i.e. I have no context for this topic. I’m not part of the discord, mostly because I haven’t gotten around to joining every non-official channel.

Are we discussing creating a NFT collection to help fund Quilibrium development until funding is secured (if still needed) or is being generated from 2.0 developments?

If so, I believe your initial post would benefit by some additional context/details about why you are proposing the NFT collection, such that non-discord peeps can understand where this proposal is coming from.

1 Like

There has been an ongoing discussion on Discord about creating a community Treasury to pay for developers, marketing, and all those things that could help Quilibrium’s growth.

I have added this bit to the main topic here

It’s a good idea, can’t see Steve Jobless in the list :melting_face:

Where is Satoshi? Should be golden card, super rare.

3 Likes

I left him/her out to see if someone was actually reading the whole list :stuck_out_tongue:
Added!

1 Like

Summarizing the discussion from Discord

Here’s a short summary of the key points from the conversation:

1. Building a treasury is important for long-term growth, but not immediately necessary for current initiatives.

2. The community has different approaches to funding: some prefer simple donations, while others want utility and speculation opportunities.

3. There are concerns about inadvertently creating an unregulated security that could draw unwanted attention to the Q project.

4. The group is discussing the possibility of using NFTs for fundraising, but there are worries about potential legal issues.

5. Some suggest airdropping or offering free/low-cost NFTs to community members, while others propose a donation-based system with voting rights.

6. There’s a general consensus that caution is needed to avoid legal troubles and to protect the project’s integrity.

7. The discussion touches on various approaches used in other crypto ecosystems, particularly the Bitcoin ecosystem with inscriptions.

2 Likes

Great idea! Love it!
If you need help with any of it, feel free to reach out, you know where to find me.

1 Like

Love the idea. Happy to suggest ideas and I share the concerns on legal issues. However, the communities I bring will like the idea nevertheless and will be there to support the community / DAO.

Amazing @LaMat

3 Likes

I was chatting with @0xOzgur and the idea popped out that if the official NFT collection brings legal issues, then it could be done privately, and we would just funnel a cut of the profits into the community treasury as a donation.

In this case, there would probably be no official perks… but it could still be a good source of funds for the treasury.

What do you guys think?

Couldn’t it be completely permissionless? A treasury can be formed, presumably and preferably a multisig for a community within the network to decide its usage.

“Official” seems to assume ownership and association of sort.

I think the general fear is that a source of income tied to NFTs (potentially unregistered securities) could be somewhat connected with Quilibrium Inc. and create legal issues.

This is especially concerning if holding the NFT gives you perks like airdrops, rewards, etc. If the NFT does not have perks but the funds are funneled into a community-owned treasury, maybe legally it would be harder to attack.

I am really just speculating here, though.

I’m all for this proposal, community vaults, donations to the community for genesis nft. as long as the donation minimum isn’t too high, I think the loyal fans should be willing.

I think that would be best to do. It being created and supported by you two would give it some power. Just gotta make sure that for sure gets around the legal problem for Q Inc. before committing to it.

As you said, no official perks but it being a community made NFT could have things airdropped to holders by supporters or projects on the network. It can definitely give a boost to the treasury.

I don’t think @0xOzgur is onboard with this TBH. He already has his own projects to take care of.
This collection idea is somewhat complex to deliver because it would require a good amount of research for all the characters and time to create the art… it’s not your average copy/paste collection.
I think it would be very cool to have it, but I don’t have the business/mental/financial power to deliver it myself right now.